Community Medical Centers has been providing central California with the highest level of care available in the region. Community Regional Medical Center measures up with top hospitals nationally and is the 3rd largest in California! With 685 beds, we are home to the only comprehensive Burn and Level I Trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California! We have an 84-bed Level III NICU and plan to significantly expand pediatric specialty care. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We're affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility; trained 3,000 Medical Doctor's to date plus continuous invests in research and training grants.
As a competent therapist, provides respiratory care to meet the cardiopulmonary needs of the patient. Provides prescribed respiratory therapy ordered by the physician, which includes assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients within the facility in accordance with department policy and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Care
• Graduate of an approved Respiratory Care Program
• 6 months of experience as an RCP 1
• Must successfully complete all department standards per area of ICU orientation
• New hires and transfers into job must complete Community Medical Centers’ RCP Career Ladder - RCP 2 qualifications within 6 months of entry into job
• State of California Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential
• Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association (AHA)
• Current PALS certification within 6 months of hire or entry into job; PALS not required for incumbents working at Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital (FHSH) and at Community Subacute and Transitional Care Center (CSTCC)
• Current ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or entry into job required if working in adult care areas
• Current NRP certification within 6 months of hire or entry into job required if working in NICU
• “All employees who were part of CMC before Sept. 1, 2019 and have demonstrated competency (approved by department Director on or before 9.1.19) are considered grandfathered in terms of NPS, Intubation and S.T.A.B.L.E. certifications, and therefore are competent to perform their duties and responsibilities.”