We are driven by the central purpose of our mission: “to improve the health status of the community”. As an Interventional Radiology Technologist with the largest private employer in the Central Valley, the average day is anything but average and you will actively feel and see how your role impacts our mission and those we serve.
We are committed to providing the best screenings and diagnoses possible and are looking for an exceptional Radiology Technologist with post-primary interventional training to join our team.
With a focus in cardiology, you are passionate about the intricacies of the heart and are driven to learn as new procedures and methods are continuously being developed. We can offer you challenges to professionally grow AND the resources to succeed.
You will be at the forefront of leading-edge medical care and state-of-the-art medical imaging resources at our Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital campus in northern Fresno. Below is a snapshot of what you may be involved with on a day to day basis.
• Scrubbing in to work alongside cardiologists and proceduralists
• Being an integral part in exciting procedures such as Mitral Valve Clip repairs, Triple A’s (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms), and the “Watchman” implant procedure
• Providing ongoing support and operating medical imaging equipment
• Assisting with hemodynamic monitoring, rhythm counts and procedure recordings
You will be welcomed and supported by teammates experiencing the same challenges and celebrating the same wins – it is a very collaborative group! Our Director of Cardiology is highly involved, brings a wealth of industry knowledge to lead this team, and will provide guidance to you in your career. If you are seeking a career that matches your passion for helping people then continue reading below!
Your IR Tech Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
From routine diagnostic angiographic procedures to complex vascular, non-vascular-interventional, and therapeutic procedures-- we deliver the excellent care our patients deserve. Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital is 1 of 2 facilities in Fresno that is currently carrying out the “Watchman” procedure for patients with AFIB. It is imperative that our Interventional Radiology Technologists be hands-on and ready for new challenges in the ever advancing field of cardiology.
We are looking for an Interventional Radiology Technologist who thrives on a fast paced environment, complex work, and is committed to excellence in their profession.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Operating single and bi-plane fluoroscopic angiographic equipment, Ultrasounds, and Intravascular Ultrasounds (IVUS)
• Working alongside Cardiologists and other proceduralists as part of a team to perform interventional procedures such as STEMIs, TAVRs, and right heart catheterizations
• Following sterile techniques to properly set up procedural trays for each procedure, as well as prepping patients for exams
• Assisting with radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques for optimal image quality while maintaining minimum radiation exposure and fluoroscopy times
• Following medication management guidelines when handling medications including proper documentation, storage, security and labeling
• Ensuring proper and consistent utilization of radiation protection devices and maintaining an accurate patient fluoroscopy log
Experience and education minimum requirements:
Interventional Radiology Technologist I
• Graduate of an AART approved school of Radiologic Technology
• Two years’ experience in Interventional Radiology
• Current BLS certification
• CRT (California Department of Public Health, Radiology Health Branch, Certified Radiologic Technologist)
• CRTFP (California Department of Public Health, Radiology Health Branch, Fluoroscopy permit)
Interventional Radiology Technologist II
IR Tech I requirements plus…
• ARRT VI (American Registry Radiologic Technologist, Vascular Interventional)
or ARRT CI (Cardiac Interventional) or *ARRT CVI (Cardiac-Vascular Interventional)
*Certificate is still valid but not available for new examinees
Contact Recruiter Whitney Avina today at WAvina@communitymedical.org or Text at 559-244-9229.
Click HERE to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!