Every day we strive to achieve the central purpose of our mission: “to improve the health status of the community”. We are thinkers and innovators, and as the largest private employer in the Central Valley, we are doers. As a Senior Internal Auditor with Community Medical Centers, assessing financial operations and improving the effectiveness of things like risk management, control, and governance processes, isn’t just another day at the office for you-- it’s what you’re called to do. You are a self-starter and will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to ensure our organization is run in the most efficient way.
Below is a snapshot of what you may be involved with on a day to day basis.
• Planning, coordinating and executing review processes and activities
• Providing audit and risk assessment services
• Assisting with reviewing the organization’s operations, compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, as well as other matters
We can offer you challenges to professionally grow AND the resources to succeed.
You will be welcomed and supported by a collaborative team experiencing the same challenges and celebrating the same wins. Our Vice President of Internal Audit is highly involved, brings a wealth of industry knowledge to lead this team, and will provide guidance to you in your career. If you are seeking a career that matches your passion for helping people through your precise assessment skills then continue reading below!
Your Senior Internal Auditor Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
We are looking for a professional who is experienced in Accounting/Finance/Compliance and thrives on a fast paced environment with complex work, while being committed to excellence in their profession.
You will be successful in this role by performing your duties honestly, confidentially and objectively. A deep understanding of healthcare and the laws that regulate its delivery is necessary.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Supporting governance by assuring the organization of the state of the control environment.
• Assisting by reviewing the adequacy of internal controls, adherence to policies and procedures, and accuracy of reported financial activities.
• Following departmental policies and procedures as well as limited instructions in carrying out daily tasks.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
Senior Internal Auditor
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems/Computer Science or other healthcare related field.
• 5 or more years of performing audits and assessing risk (financial, operational, IT and/or compliance) in a healthcare setting.
• Experience or additional coursework in: charge master, documentation, coding and billing for hospitals, accounting, auditing, system analysis, programming, or computer operations management.
• Experience with the following applications: EPIC, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Lawson and Data Analytics and Continuous Monitoring Software Solutions (ACL).
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA)
Contact Recruiter Brittany Aaronian today at BAaronian@communitymedical.org or Text at 559-231-3259.
Click HERE to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!