We are driven by the central purpose of our mission: “to improve the health status of the community”. As an Ultrasound Supervisor with the largest private employer in the Central Valley, the average day is anything but average and you will actively feel and see how your role impacts our mission and those we serve.
Here, you will be at the forefront of leading-edge medical care and state-of-the-art medical imaging resources at our Community Regional Medical Center campus in downtown Fresno. Below is a snapshot of what you may be involved with on a day to day basis.
• Responding to service deficiencies and monitoring staff performance.
• Revising staff allocations in response to work volumes and conducting performance reviews.
• Ensuring effective communication between staff, physicians, and management.
• Encouraging staff development (specifically targeting ARDMS credentialing) and supporting performance improvement projects.
You will be welcomed and supported by our ultrasound department that is dedicated to advanced imaging technology and offers a number of different specializations when it comes to medical sonography – it is a very collaborative group. Our hospital-based sonography training program at CRMC is one of two in the entire nation that is accredited in all four sonography disciplines – general sonography, adult cardiac echo, pediatric echo and vascular sonography.
As an Ultrasound Supervisor you will be located at our flagship hospital, Community Regional Medical Center, which is home to the only comprehensive burn and level 1 trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. Not to mention, the 56,000 square-foot emergency department at CRMC is one of the largest and busiest in all of California! We are also dedicated to furthering our mission in “promoting medical education” and our academic affiliation with UCSF as a teaching facility supports that.
By joining us at Community Medical Centers, you will be part of a comprehensive network of professionals that provides central California with the highest level of care in the region. Our network is located in Fresno, one of the most affordable metropolitan areas in all of California. Fresno is full of close-knit neighborhoods and with big city amenities to small town charm, you’ll feel right at home with us. We’re within a short drive of exciting places like Yosemite, Monterey, and we’re right in between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
If you are ready to join a proud network within the heart of the central valley and are seeking a career that matches your passion for helping people, we are ready for you! Please continue reading below to see if you would be a perfect fit for our organization.
Your Ultrasound Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
From functioning as a clinical leader and expert in ultrasound to ensuring staff are trained and developed, collaborating with the Advanced Practice Sonographer, and occasionally participating in performing general, vascular, and obstetrical ultrasounds – we deliver the excellent care our patients deserve. Here, you will be working closely with other imaging professionals and licensed physicians. Not only will you have the opportunity for professional growth, but we will help you to become a successful and highly valuable clinical resource and mentor to staff.
We are looking for an exceptional Ultrasound Supervisor who has a strong clinical leadership background, is an expert in ultrasound services, and has effective communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Organizing work and staffing for optimum utilization of equipment and resources to meet budget and service requirements in a timely manner.
• Ensuring the training and development of staff to perform their assigned duties (specifically targeting ARDMS credentialing).
• Acting as a clinical resource and mentor to staff while collaborating with the Advanced Practice Sonographer to facilitate the advancement of the ultrasound service line.
• Conducting prompt and thorough investigations of all accidents and incidents, taking corrective action when appropriate.
• Being accountable for the creation, oversight and application of scanning protocols and quality measures.
• Assuring all studies are complete and of high diagnostic quality.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
• Associate of Arts degree
• Three years’ experience in a hospital Ultrasound department setting.
• Experience in staff education development and implementation, quality improvement, program development and professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field.
License and certification minimum requirements:
• American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
• Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certification in Abdomen and OB/GYN.
• Current BLS certification.
• Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
Contact Recruiter Adela Lozano today at ALozano2@communitymedical.org or text at 559-259-3374.